One of the best gifts a mother could receive on Mother’s Day is the gift of acupuncture. Acupuncture can help with an abundance of health problems and can move mom toward optimal health and a stronger sense of well being.
- Acupuncture is great for addressing issues during pregnancy. In the first trimester of pregnancy, many women turn to acupuncture when they are looking for a non-medicated way to treat their concerns and the number one reason women seek acupuncture in their first trimester of pregnancy is morning sickness. Acupuncture is extremely effective at treating nausea.
- Acupuncture can help alleviate stress. Moms deal with a lot of stress, so nothing could be better than getting help for this for mother’s day.
- Acupuncture is also a preventative measure for anxiety. There are many acupuncture points on the body to calm the mind, bring down stress and anxiety, and support more restful sleep. Points such as Pericardium 6, Liver 3 and Stomach 6 are commonly used in these treatments.
- Acupuncture is very beneficial for those experiencing arthritis. There are different types of arthritis and different treatment plans which include acupuncture, herbs, changes in diet and exercise. Moving better and having less pain may be just a few needles away!
- Acupuncture is great for headaches and migraines, whether due to tension, chronic sinus issues, or hormonal influences.
- Acupuncture improves digestive function and there are numerous acupuncture points on the body that can help with digestion. Two of the best are located on the stomach energetic meridian, Stomach 25 and Stomach 36.